Wednesday 2 February 2011

Brunswick Heads

(I started this blog about two-three weeks ago - so apologies for the ‘old news’).
Water Lizards - liked to sit with us at the table just outside the caravan!
 
Due to uncertain weather conditions both north and south of us we had to book another week at Brunswick Heads!  What a hardship eh?!  ….  more beach days, fishing, general chilling - how on earth will we cope??


We’ve just been for fish and chips for our tea and a walk along the beach, it rained on the way back … hmmm could be in Redcar - well maybe not coz despite the rain, we were still in shorts and tee-shirts and not feeling cold at all!  And the beach was not quite the same as Redcar - there were people surfing and others swimming in the bay.  We’re back at the caravan now and Geoff’s sat outside reading (it’s stopped raining)  and I’m inside the van with the air con on - and it 8pm.  It’s starting to get dark now - so beware the mozzies!  They seem to really love me.

For my Christmas pressie I got lots of beads and jewellery making stuff so I’ve been busy making ear rings, necklaces, bracelets, watches, bag/phone charms etc.  Janelle ‘commissioned’ me for 6 charms and I’ve had my first sale this week - a necklace and matching ear-rings.  It’s lovely to be able to sit outside and play away to my heart’s content - just hope I’m able to sell some of them now or we know what everyone will be getting for Christmas and birthdays for the next 5 years!!

We’ve had a day at Byron Bay - although the weather wasn’t fantastic - so hey, we’ll have to go again!  The beach there was lovely and that’s certainly the place where people go to ‘catch the waves’.  It’s sort of a cross of 60’s hippie and new age.  And it was packed.  So although it was lovely to visit - and we will go again - we wouldn’t choose to stay there I don’t think.

We’ve met some great people on the site - one couple want us to go see them next week at Lennox Heads when they get back from their travels and are keen to arrange a house swap in a couple of years time for a few months so they can visit England/Europe.  Sounds like a plan to me!  


For my birthday mid-January Geoff and Janelle had arranged to come over for the day - what they didn’t tell us was that Neil and Emma and Lisa and Grace were coming with them.  We had a lovely time with them, went out for lunch and enjoyed my wonderful penguin birthday cake - made by the very talented Emma!  Geoff and Janelle bought me (well us coz it’s for Geoff too) a mini electric oven/grill so that when we’re on a camp site, we don’t need to use our gas oven.  Good eh! They bought lots of other things too - so I was well and truly spoiled.  Oh… and Emma and Neil gave me a Terry’s Chocolate Orange!  Mmmmmmmmmmm.  Not something you see in Oz!



Several people have asked if we’re getting bored yet with the travelling, not having to work, living in the van etc etc ….. NOT A CHANCE!   We could quite happily become “grey nomads” …. those people who have sold up and plan to spend the rest of their days travelling around Australia in their variety of amazing mobile homes, caravans, campers etc. Geoff is fascinated with the different styles of mobile homes etc - it’s certainly very big business over here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment